Career coaching is a relationship between a coach and client wherein the coach provides guidance, clarity and support to clients in order to help the clients identify and achieve their professional goals.
Like most professionals, you have set and achieved many professional goals but now you are looking to make a change, either into a new career or in your goals for your current career. Having a career coach makes that change much easier. If you don’t know where to start, I will provide you with exercises to help you identify your new professional goals. If you already know what you want to do but you don’t know how to get from where you are to where you want to be, I will guide you through the process of creating and implementing an action plan to achieve those goals. I will hold you accountable to the goals that you set and celebrate your successes. In short, I will be your partner in helping you identify, plan and achieve your professional goals.
- Identify your skills, attributes and values
- Identify your personal and professional passions
- Identify potential careers
- Create a Career Transition Action Plan that includes-
- Researching potential careers
- Identifying potential contacts
- Reviewing your resume and cover letter
- Reviewing your Linkedin profile
- Creating a personal branding plan
- Creating and/or reviewing your financial plan to make your transition feasible
A Coach should:
- Discover, clarify, and align with the goals that the client wants to achieve;
- Encourage client self-discovery;
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies; and
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
- Challenging limiting thoughts and beliefs that may be restraining or sabotaging your success and encourage you to reframe or recreate empowering beliefs;
- Be unconditionally supportive and constructive and be boldly forthright when I feel it supports you.
A Client should:
- Be committed, willing and ready to discover what fulfills and excites you and to set and achieve your goals;
- Choose specific and actions that you feel are necessary to accomplish in the timeframe you set and that you feel inspired and motivated to achieve;
- Define the strategies and actions that you feel are necessary to accomplish your goals and to set the agenda for all coaching sessions;
- Be open to hearing and trying new ideas, methods and/or resources;
- Keep focused on the positive in whatever you do or whatever results are created. Refrain from self-judgement and self-criticism;
- Never lose sight of what you want to accomplished and why. Allow that to motivate and inspire you.